Twofer…I don’t know why but I kinda like that word.
Anyways, I thought I’d combine two posts into one! We’ll start with Auf der Autobahn’s What’s In Your Tack Trunk Blog Hop.
I have a fully custom Heritage Bespoke Cheshire Dressage saddle from the UK. They will seriously do about anything you ask and the quality you get for the price is amazing. It has tinny tiny flaps at 14.5 inches long as I am only 5’2 on a good day. It has the lovely Buffalo leather on the flaps and some snazzy silver piping. I think If I could re-do it I would get the silver piping on the edge of the flap where the knee pads are, oh and maybe a slightly flatter seat.
I just got a fabulous anatomical girth from Barnsby to fit Spot’s forward girth groove. The leather is super nice and supple and is just what we needed as I couldn’t find a girth that was curvy enough for us.
3. Saddle Pads
Sadly, I only have 2 saddle pads right now ~sad panda~. I’d really like a nice custom Mattes pad or this shaped High Point Advantage pad. I also use a Thinline Trifecta too.
4. Bit and Bridle:
I’ve tried a ton of bits on Spot but the one we ended up with is an aurigan Herm Sprenger Baucher bit. Took me a hell of a time to find one in a 5 1/4 length as pony has a larger than typical mouth to go along with her larger than typical head. The bridle is a Crown bridle that has silver piping, however I need to buy a a different brow band bc it seems a bit small.
I thought I’d jump in on the 10 Questions that Viva Carlos posted up a few days ago. So here we go!
1. Is your horse spooky or bombproof? Spot is pretty close to bombproof, but there are somethings that she’ll kinda spook at on trail like a bunny popping out of the bush or an oddly shaped dirt clod. Oh, and she will not do water. XC pony we are not.
2. Does your horse have a long or short stride? Long for her size. She’s only 15h
3. Describe your current barn in 3 words? chickens, homey, pasture
4. If you could switch barns, would you? I would if it had more of the amenities I’d like. But it’s close to home and Spot gets tons of TO. It has all the necessities I require.
5. Favorite brand of breeches? Tropical Rider
6. How many blue ribbons do you have? none. Haven’t shown in quite a while.
7. How many saddle pads do you own? 7: 2 dressage pads and a Thinline Trifecta
8. Is your horse your phone background/lock screen? nope, but my puppy is!
9. Do you go trail riding often? (weather permitting) As much as I can. It’s always fun to go off cantering into the sunset, or ‘race’ road bikers on the trail next to the bike path. 😛
10. Favorite horsey movie? Oooh…that’s hard but National Velvet is one of them. Lately it has been the Lippizan documentary that was on PBS a while back.